The 7th International Conference of the International Association of Music and Medicine will be held in Athens, Greece. In view of the COVID-19 pandemic and to facilitate maximum international participation, you can opt to attend the conference virtually or in person. Meetings and presentations from Greek and international invited speakers will take place in person and through live streaming May 28 to May 29, 2022.
Additionally, join us for a week of online-only presentations May 30 to June 3, 2022. IAMM welcomes submissions for the online portion of the conference. Please submit your abstract by December 15th, 2021.
Abstracts are now being accepted for:
- oral papers (20 minutes)
- poster presentations (5 minutes)
- workshops (60 minutes) — 60-minute experiential or interactive sessions, engaging participants in exploration of a particular topic
- performances (20 minutes) — 20-minute examples of music applied in medicine, or created for the purpose of enhancing health and wellbeing
Types of submissions include:
- clinical practice
Joint submissions representing multiple disciplines and continents are particularly welcome.
In particular, IAMM is seeking significant contributions to public and world health, including, but not limited to:
- medical applications of music in all specialties,
- technological advances in music and medicine,
- contemporary and innovative music interventions to address major health issues e.g.,
- pain and stress management,
- social isolation and depression,
- musical responses to multicultural issues and health disparities,
- role of music in health-supporting environments,
- music as a response to public crises, including the Covid-19 pandemic,
- mechanisms underlying music interventions.
Submissions that are selected for inclusion in the program will be offered via recorded video presentations during IAMM’s online conference, May 30 to June 3, 2022. If your submission is accepted, you will be required to submit a video recording of your presentation by February 27, 2022. Recordings of oral papers will be premiered during the online conference, followed by a 5-min live Q&A offered via our webinar platform. Notice that if you are a selected speaker, you do not need to attend the live conference in Athens but you do need to register for the online conference.
Please read and follow the instructions below to submit your abstract online.
All abstracts should be submitted online through our abstract submission platform. Please click here to access the online submission portal and read these instructions carefully. All submissions are due on or before December 15, 2021. Proposals will include (1) name of author(s), (2) affiliation and city, and (3) 150-word abstract.
Speakers who are selected to present will need to send an extended 300-word description, including 3-5 references, 50-word biography of each presenter, 5 key words, and the recording of the presentation by February 27, 2022.
Nov. 22, 2021
Call for submissions opens.
Dec. 15, 2021
Abstract submission deadline at midnight GMT+0.
Jan. 31, 2022
All submitters will be informed by email of the committee’s decision.
Feb. 27, 2022
Selected submitters submit presentation videos, posters, and other relevant materials.
May. 30 - Jun. 3, 2022
IAMM Conference online
General Information on Abstract Submission
- Please submit your abstract by December 15, 2021.
- Length for abstracts: 150 words
- All abstracts should be submitted and presented in English.
- Please submit abstracts on the above-mentioned and related topics.
- Abstract should include important information including background, aim, method, results, conclusion, etc, as applicable.
Abstract Review and Selection
- All abstracts will be blinded for review.
- Abstracts will be reviewed and rated by a team of reviewers from the IAMM Conference Scientific Committee.
- Authors will be informed via email of the acceptance or rejection of their abstracts by January 31, 2022.
- All authors of accepted submissions must send their recording by February 27, 2022.
- All authors who are selected to present need to register for the online conference.
Online Submission Guide
All abstracts must be submitted online through our abstract submission platform.
Click on the button below to set up an account on our abstract submission platform. Please make sure that your e-mail address is correct. All notifications related to abstract submission will be sent to the e-mail address used for signing up.
Once you set up an account, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Click the link in the e-mail to log in. After logging in, you can click the blue "Add abstract" button to create a new submission and fill in abstract details accordingly.
- Please fill in the full name of the authors. When there are multiple authors, please indicate the main presenter. Fill in your affiliation and the city in the field "Organization".
When you have completed the form, click the "Submit" button to save your data.
When your abstract is finalized, please click the button "Submit for Review" to send it to the abstract committee. Important: If this step is missing, your abstract submission is not completed and your abstract cannot be reviewed.
After submitting your abstract, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. (The confirmation email may end up in your spam folder. Please also check there.)
If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that the corresponding author is responsible for informing other authors about the status of the abstract.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to register for the conference if my submission is accepted?
Yes, you do need to register for the online portion of the conference. You do not need to register for the in-person/live streamed conference.
Will I be offered a discount if my submission is accepted?
Unfortunately, we cannot offer a discount for speakers for this event. However, there is a discounted rate for some and a limited number of scholarships available. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
What are the options for registration?
For more information on registration options, please visit this page.
What will the registration fees be?
Registration is not yet open, but you can already see our registration fees below. Notice that authors of accepted submissions can register for either the in-person or online rate.
|Athens Conference In-Person (May 28-29) + Online Conference (May 30-June 3)||Early||Regular|
|One discounted rate for IAMM student members, unwaged, retired, low- and mid-income countries||$139||$179|
|Live-streamed events from Athens Conference (May 28-29) + Online Conference (May 30-June 3)||Early||Regular|
|One discounted rate for IAMM student members, unwaged, retired, low- and mid-income countries||$49||$99|